Voice searches are becoming increasingly popular these days as they allow users to find what they’re looking for without having to type out their queries. This means that optimizing your business for voice search listings is important to ensure you’re not missing out on potential new clients or customers who are looking for your service or business type.
To conduct voice searches, all you need is to say the keywords of what your searching to your voice assistant and you’ll get results that are relevant to your query. Users are able to easily find local businesses that offer the product or services they are searching for. This is why it’s important to optimize your businesses voice search listings.
What is a Voice Search Engine?
A voice search engine is a tool that allows users to search for information by speaking into their voice enabled devices. It is basically a type of dialog system that involves rounds of interaction and includes an open-domain short keyword query to fetch any information on the internet.
In other words, search by voice is an approach in which the technology uses audio & speech recognition software to understand what the speaker is saying with appropriate precision and tone.
Google Assistant Amazon's Alexa, Apple Siri, Samsung Bixby, and Microsoft's Cortana are the top voice assistants for voice search on the market today.
2. Amazon Alexa voice search can be found on devices such as Amazon Echo, Amazon Fire TV, and Fire Tablets. To use Alexa, simply say “Alexa” followed by your query and Alexa will provide you with the information you need.
3. Apple’s Siri voice search can be access on devices such as iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch or Macbook. To use Siri, simply say “Hey Siri” followed by your query and Siri will provide you with the information you need.
4. Samsung Bixby voice search can be found on Samsung galaxy smart phones and tablets. To use Bixby, simply say “Bixby” followed by your query and Bixby will provide you with the information you need.
5. Microsoft Cortana voice search is found on Microsoft Windows 10 computers as well as Xbox One gaming consoles. To use Cortana, simply say “Hey Cortana” followed by your query and Cortana will provide you with the information you need.
Why are voice searches becoming more popular?
You can simply speak into your voice search device and it will return results that are relevant to your query. This is especially useful when you’re on the go and don’t have time to type out your searches. Additionally, as voice search becomes more popular, businesses that are optimized for voice search will be at an advantage over those that are not.
More and more customers are using voice search to find local businesses. With local voice search, users are able to find local business information for a place that offers the service or product they are searching for. According to Bright Local, 53% of people use voice search to find information on local businesses. This makes local voice search optimization especially important for business who wants to reach their local target audience and get more customers in the door.
How to optimize your business information for voice search engines?
When it comes to voice search SEO, there are a few things that you need to take into consideration in order to make sure that your business is optimized for this type of search.
2. Use natural language. When people use voice search, they usually speak in complete sentences rather than keywords. So, make sure your website content is written in a way that sounds natural and easy to understand.
3. Use long-tail keywords. These are key phrases that are more specific and targeted than general keywords. They’re more likely to be used in voice searches, so they can help you attract more qualified traffic.
4. Optimize your local listings. If you want your business to show up for voice search users for local queries, you’ll need to make sure your listing is accurate and up-to-date.
5. Claim your business on Google My Business. This will help your business show up in Google’s voice search results.
Here are some benefits of optimizing your voice search listings:
You’ll be able to reach a wider audience: With voice search, you’re not limited to those who can type out their queries. You’ll be able to reach people of all ages and abilities. By optimizing your website for voice search, you can make it easier for these people to find you.
You’ll stand out from your competition: With the rapid growth of voice-enabled devices, it’s clear that voice search is here to stay. If you optimize your business for voice search, you’ll be ahead of your competition who are not optimizing their websites for this type of search or traffic.
You’ll be able to increase your brand awareness: When you optimize your site for voice search, you’re more likely to improve your brand recognition. This is because people will see your site more often in the search results, and they’ll associate your brand with the keywords that you’re targeting.
If you’re not sure how to optimize your business for voice search results, voice search listings, or local voice search results, contact our digital marketing agency at Alexa Business. We are a leading SEO agency with years of experience in helping businesses, like yours, to optimize their websites for voice search and local voice search. We can help you to identify the right keywords, create content that is relevant to those keywords, and structure your content in a way that is easy for voice search engines to understand. All while helping you achieve your marketing goals.